MWSUG 2012 Volunteers
- Assisting section chairs in the presentation rooms to keep the papers/presentations on schedule and helping attendees who may need asistance -- generally fighting entropy and keeping things running smoothly.
- Looking at the schedule as it exists, I would anticipate needing at least 28 (possibly up to 56) session coordinators -- I have 5 definite and 2 possible coordinators as of now.
- Attached is the list of duties for session coordinators (also includes duties of the section chairs, which sometimes are passed on to the coordinators)
- People must really really like the reg desk, since I already have 4 definite and 2 possible volunteers in this position.
- If registration / check-in is like last year, conference attendees could check in Sunday starting at noon, and Monday and Tuesday starting at 7 a.m.
- With two awesome registrars, they were able to handle light periods (which are Monday afternoon and all day Tuesday)
- I don't have a formal list of duties for registration desk volunteers, but if I were to make one up, it would be:
* welcome attendees to the conference when they approach the registration desk
* confirm their identity and successful registration
* if anyone hasn't paid, collect payment accordingly
* give the attendees their badge, program guide, and "swag bag" of promotional and informational material
We will need people Saturday to stuff the "swag bags" with promotional and informational material; usually this happens Saturday around noon, but the time here is flexible and depends on who's all standing around, and when we decide that we have all the material to stuff the bags.